Samphire is an independent charity based in Dover that supports ex-detainees nationwide and works with local communities to dispel misconceptions about migration and build strong diverse localities.
Samphire’s Ex-Detainee Project:
- Supports migrants once they are released into the community
- Operates a telephone helpline to assist ex-detainees
Samphire’s Community Engagement & Awareness Raising Project:
- Helps dispel myths about migration and detention.
- Runs events to engage people positively with migration and multiculturalism.
- Publishes a blog and runs social media accounts to spread amplify migrants voices, raise awareness of the true facts about migration and advocate for migrant rights.