An opportunity has arisen with Samphire for a fundraising professional to help to secure the future of our excellent Ex-Detainee and Community Engagement projects. Our mission is to improve the lives of people released from immigration detention and experiencing destitution in the UK, and to support the development of well-informed, cohesive and diverse communities in the Dover area and beyond.
Are you energetic, resourceful, self-motivated and an excellent communicator? Do you have the ability to tell a great story? Are you willing to make an ask? Do you have a passion for Samphire’s mission? Have a proven track record in frontline fundraising?
The Fundraising Officer will be expected to hit the ground running, using their initiative to identify appropriate sources of funding, grasp and convey the importance of Samphire’s work to deliver our ideal structure by securing funding for our future.
This position is for a fixed term of nine months, with the possibility of extension contingent on funding.
Fundraising Officer (Dover-based)
NJC salary scale points 29-31, starting salary £25,694 p.a. (pro rata)
Part-time, 3 days a week (22.5 hours per week)
- 2 years trusts fundraising experience, preferably in the community development or migration sectors
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (letter writing, formal applications and the ability to present the charity’s work externally in an engaging and informative manner).
- Proven track record in writing successful funding applications.
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience.
- Experience of working in an NGO and/or a development charity within a trusts and foundations fundraising setting.
- Experience of preparing and maintaining budgets.
Download the full Job Description and Person Specification -Fundraising Officer 11.12.16 and the Application form – Fundraiser 12.16
Please send your completed application forms by email to email@example.com or by post to Samphire, 54-56 Castle Street, Dover, CT16 1PJ.