Community Volunteer – Dover Welcomes All
Samphire’s mission is to improve the lives of people released from immigration detention and experiencing destitution in the UK, and to support the development of well-informed, cohesive and diverse communities in the Dover area and beyond.
– Attend monthly Core Committee meetings at the Dover Welcomes All forum.
– Commit to supporting the Core Committee to meet their aims.
– Contribute ideas to make Dover more welcoming.
– Promoting Samphire’s vision and mission locally.
– Promoting Equality and Diversity for all within Dover.
– Good public speaking and networking skills.
– Good written skills and the ability to use social media.
– Organised, reliable, creative and proactive.
– Ability to promote services and find new opportunities to raise awareness.
– Some understanding of challenges facing migrants living in Dover.
– Ability to work unsupervised.
All skills are desirable but not essential.
Samphire will provide any relevant training.
Samphire is keen to provide relevant training to increase volunteer’s confidence in community engagement.
One afternoon a week/flexible/community based.
To attend the Dover Welcomes All committee group meetings held monthly.
Reports to: Volunteer coordinator.
If you would like to apply for this post or for further information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call O1304 242755.