- Samphire is hiring 07/03/2018
- Raising funds for Samphire 06/05/2018
- Celebrating National Smile Month at the Community Hub 05/18/2018
- Samphire’s Brunch Welcomes New Faces 05/02/2018
- Samphires Ex- Detainee Conference June 21st 2018. 04/10/2018
The Legal Advice Project at Samphire was set up in 2011 in recognition of the lack of access of immigration detainees and former detainees to legal advice and representation in relation to their detention and immigration matters. The project was in part set up due to the failings of the Duty Detention Advice scheme in assuring detainees of access to effective legal counsel. In a recent survey by Bail for Immigration Detainees, 14%-19% of detainees interviewed had never had a solicitor while in detention.
The Legal Advice Projects aim was to obtain justice for individual clients while seeking to influence immigration policy, practice and case law. The projects funding finished in December 2014 and the Legal Advice Project was closed.