Schools of Sanctuary support volunteer and promoter
Samphire’s mission is to improve the lives of people released from immigration detention and experiencing destitution in the UK, and to support the development of well-informed, cohesive and divers communities in the Dover area and beyond.
- Promoting Schools of Sanctuary to encourage schools to sign up to School of Sanctuary award.
- Supporting the facilitator with workshops in schools.
- Confident in liaising with primary school children.
- Awareness of Migration issues.
- Awareness of equality and diversity challenges
- Good communicator.
- Confidence to interact with schools.
- Organised, personable and passionate.
All skills are desirable but not essential.
Samphire will provide relevant training-including safeguarding children and young people.
Samphire is keen to provide relevant training to increase volunteer’s confidence in community engagement.
Be available to attend schools between 9am-3pm (please allow for travel).
Pass a Disclosure and barring service check (Samphire will cover the cost).
Flexible approach to promoting Schools of Sanctuary.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator.
If you would like to apply for this post or for further information please e-mail email@example.com or call O1304 242755.