Samphire are looking for Volunteer Events Assistants who can volunteer at least one day a fortnight to help design and deliver an exciting programme of community engagement events including community consultations, International Film Nights, the Dover Together Steering Group and our annual multi-cultural festival.
Samphire’s Community Engagement work aims to promote positive attitudes towards migration in Dover and beyond, by organising events and activities designed to bring together the different corners of our diverse community.
Benefits to the volunteer
- Experience and knowledge of working in the charity sector
- Experience organising and running different events and activities
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate arranged and paid for (if required)
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Increased knowledge of communities and civil society in Kent
- Increased knowledge of national and international policy and good practice related to migration and race equality
- Confidence, self-esteem and well-being from making a difference
- Experience being part of a team
- Reference from Samphire after volunteering
- Expenses reimbursed
For a Role Description and Equal Opportunities Form, please click on the following links:
If you are disabled and require reasonable adjustments please get in touch.
Please send your CV and cover letter and equality information form to email@example.com (subject line: Volunteer Events – community engagement)
For further questions, please contact Community Engagement and Migrant Support Coordinator Kay@SamphireProject.org.uk or calling the number below. Deadline for applications 25th March 2022 however we will be contacted applicants as applications arrived and more roles will be advertised in the coming weeks and months.
Many thanks to our funder Peoples Health Trust